Anglophone crisis:  end of hearing of activists with astonishing declarations

Anglophone crisis:  end of hearing of activists with astonishing declarations

Mancho Bibixy and the other anglophone activists presented their understanding of the present unrest to the Yaoundé military tribunal and to Cameroonians at large.

The court hearing of May 24, 2018 was the last for the accused and the defense lawyers to speak in court, and the last before the court makes pronouncements on the jail terms of those found guilty. Five of the seven activists took the floor in court to lament on the close to 16 months trial before presenting their vision to see the crisis contained and resolved for peace to return to the nation.

The first to talk in court was 30 years old film maker and communicator. Tsi Conrad started by regretting the torture they have received during their provisional detention period describing it as a shot on the leg of the government, by the government itself.  He accused the prosecution for showing to the whole world how unjust the judicial system in Cameroon is by making the word terrorism become so cheap. The entertainer who owns a professional organization ended by adding his voice to those calling for an inclusive dialogue to solve the anglophone crisis.

After Tsi Conrad was Tha  Emile, 24 years old and student who took the floor to address the tribunal. He told the court that he is paying the price of what he knows nothing about adding that the situation in the two English speaking regions needs genuine dialogue, but dialogue should begin in jail by releasing all those arrested in connection with the crisis.

Aselecha Martin started his presentation in court by questioning whether or not he is still a Cameroonian or should consider himself one following the treatment they have received so far since their abduction, detention and trial. The 30 years old footballer did not mixed words when he indicted Cameroon intelligence services for foiling the crisis by framing up innocent citizens just to prove their existence and also the security forces for failing in expectations. He regretted the judgment on their culpability on counts of terrorism, secession, revolution, contempt, simple rebellion among others without stating clearly who did what, where and how, reminding the tribunal that tomorrow is pregnant.

Awah Thomas who is a senior journalist with over 20 years of experience, 49 years old, married with 3 kids and having serious problems with his brain stood up in court and recounted episodes where he has promoted bilingualism by teaching English language to top government personalities and their families. He pleaded with the president of the military tribunal who is hearing their case, magistrate colonel  Abega Mbezoa Epse  Eko Eko to launch the reconciliation process by passing a fair judgment.

Then came the coffin revolution leader, 35 years old Mancho Bibixy aka BBC who thrilled the tribunal with his rich communication skills. He started jovially indicating that the hearing has helped them make good friends in Yaoundé with their francophone brothers indicating that though the situation may look tensed and complicated on the field, it is not all that bad and can still be fixed. He explained that the trial may not be a political one as many are refusing but what is evident is the fact that the causes are political and the trial criminal.

Mancho BBC likened the situation in Cameroon to what happened between Ethiopia and Eritrea and the two are now separate nations.

Mancho is his last words said no amount of court sentence will solve the anglophone crisis recalling that in two years, 10 anglophone activists have been jailed at the military tribunal for more than 10 years each in prison, yet the crisis keeps escalating. To him, he is ready to meet and dialogue with the President of the Republic, Paul Biya because the country is at the verge of explosion.

The final judgment

Before the accused persons spoke in court, the defense council had made their last submissions where they pleaded on the mitigating circumstances and damages.

Barrister Claude Asira blasted the submissions from the prosecution and civil party that they lacked facts  and proves and were presented just to nail and extort money from their clients. The civil party it should be noted is demanding 579 million FCFA from the accused for damages. Barrister Liza Asongwe corroborated his points saying lack of evidences and receipts to justify their claims just shows how light and ‘amateur’ they are.

To crown it all barrister Emmanuel Simh short of words and speaking on behalf of the lead council, Barrister Bernard Muna, told the tribunal it’s hard to plead on behalf of someone who has done nothing but since the law wants it that way, he leaves all to the president of the tribunal to judge with her conscience concluding that history will recall everyone his present actions.

The chief judge after listening to all adjourned the case for Friday May 25, 2018 at 4:00 pm (GMT+1) for the verdict on the jail terms to be passed.

Précedent Private print: the distress cry of the Cameroonian publishers
Suivant FEICOM : l’immeuble régional de l’Extrême-Nord inauguré

Auteur

Louvier Kindo
Louvier Kindo 41 Articles

Louvier Kindo Tombe, passionate about radio. He is interested since 2017 in the issues of decentralization, local development and governance.

Voir tous les articles de cet auteur →

Vous pourriez aussi aimer

Actu

Une trentaine de forages pour les populations du Nord

En tournée politique dans la région, le ministre Issa Tchiroma Bakary a fait ce don au nom du chef de l’Etat. Dans le grand Nord la saison sèche est un

Actu Cameroun

Sénatoriales 2018 : les femmes du Mfoundi veulent des sénateurs qui portent leur cause

Nombreuses parmi les conseillers municipaux aux urnes ce 25 mars 2018, elles ont rappelé que leurs voix doivent se faire entendre dans la chambre haute du parlement. Une prise en

Actu Cameroun

Décentralisation: le Premier ministre fixe de nouveaux objectifs

Au terme de la session du Conseil national de la décentralisation (CND) tenue le 28 juin 2016, de nouvelles actions en faveur du processus de décentralisation au Cameroun sont attendues.

0 Commentaire

Aucun commentaire pour l'instant!

Soyez le premier à commenter cet article!

Laisser un commentaire